4/12/09

Pineapple tarts

I love pinapple tarts very much. It is delicious yet expensive. So I decided to make my own pineapple tarts.

I went to Sunshine to get all the ingredients needed like the wheat flour, corn flour, custard powder, and pineapple.

The pineapple jam was prepared yesterday. My mum helped me in preparing the pineapple and squeezing out the juice. Then we cooked the pinapple in a pot, added some brown sugar to sweeten it. We also used one cinnamon stick and one anise to flavour the pineapple. I used the brown sugar instead of the caster sugar because I don't want the jam to be too sweet.

I followed one of the recipes to prepare the pastry. However, it is really difficult to form the smooth dough. Finally, I managed to get something out with the help of my mum. Yeah... my mum is the best cook ever! Hats off to you mum!

Here are some pictures of my first ever pineapple tarts. The first picture shows the tarts made at the very beginning. They looked a bit ugly huh?!!



After practising on working with the cookies mould, here is what I got.


The cookies or the pastry is kind of dry. You can see the crack on each of the tarts. I guess I shouldn't have used corn flour since it absorbed water from the dough. Hmm... I think I need to keep practising until I get the right recipe.

3 comments:

SokChin said...

it look ok lar. so how is the taste? i thought u r doing something like what we eat during CNY

Anonymous said...

Yum Yum, not bad for the first time, it looks and smells great, i will try out later and finish all :D

Yee Seong

Susutta肥安 said...

wow, now only i know u r so talented in cooking!